PIAZZA CAPO DI FERRO
This small square takes its name from the Cardinal who in the second half of the 1500’s constructed the Palace, followed in succession by Cardinal Spada. Today it is the space of a picture gallery and office of the Council to the State. The restoration and decoration of both the façade and the courtyard was entrusted to Borromini who ornamented it richly with roman statues, arms, medallions and multiform decorations. Not to be missed is the gallery with the statue of Mars that elicits an amazing optical effect.