DA GIGGETTO AL PORTICO D’OTTAVIA
Address: via del Portico di Ottavia, 21/A
Opening hours: Tuesday-Sunday from 12:30 to 3:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Tel. 06 6861105 | www.giggetto.it
The story of Giggetto al Portico D’Ottavia begins when Luigi Ceccarelli (known as “Giggetto”) – a veteran of the First World War – and his wife Ines bought an old tavern which, since 1923, became famous for the good wine of Frascati and for the fine dishes carefully prepared by “Sora Ines” like the unrivaled “artichokes“. Few know that today Gigetto is in its third generation, thanks to the passion of Franco Ceccarelli and his son Claudio who strongly want to keep alive the genuineness of a true Roman tavern.
Specialties of the house:
- Jerusalem artichokes (carciofi alla giudia)
- boneless salted cod fillet (filetto di baccalà)
- pasta with cubed bacon and tomato sauce (bucatini all’amatriciana)
- oxtail with a sauce of tomato, carrot and celery (coda alla vaccinara)
- stuffed fried courgette flowers (fiori di zucca)